Conington is home to Flying Club Conington, to which the Just Flight G-BOZI (PA-28-161 Warrior II), G-BGKU (PA-28R Arrow III), G-BGAE (C152) and G-GCCL (Duchess) belong. These aircraft have all featured in Just Flight’s in-house developments so we thought it was high time we brought a high-quality rendition of the airfield to Flight Simulator X and Prepar3D.
Conington, otherwise known as Peterborough Business Airport (ICAO: EGSF) is a privately owned airfield located in the UK county of Cambridgeshire, six miles south of Peterborough and twenty miles north-west of Cambridge. The airfield started life as RAF Glatton, built in 1942 and used by the USAF B-17 Flying Fortress bombers throughout WWII. The airfield was mothballed by the RAF after the USAF left at the end of WWII, but it saw activity again with GA flying from the 1970s onwards until Flying Club Conington took over in 2000.
The airfield is equipped with a licensed 987-metre asphalt runway (10/28) with a 100m overshoot and an unlicensed 800-metre concrete runway. JET A-1 and AVGAS fuel, a hard apron area and grass area for helicopter operations provide an excellent base for your GA fleet.
- Developed following extensive on-site research
- 3D grass
- Custom trees
- Custom airport markings/signs
- Scenery manager
- Accurate runway and taxiway placement
- High-resolution photorealistic ground textures, adjusted for seasonality
- Custom ground polygon and AFCAD
- Custom scenery around airfield boundary
- Realistic shadowing on objects/buildings
- Orbx FTX compatibility
- Night lighting effects
- Frame rate and VAS friendly
- PDF manual
- Flight Simulator X (Acceleration, Gold), FSX: Steam Edition & Prepar3D v4/v3
- 2.0GHz or any Dual Core
- 2GB RAM
- 1GB graphics card
- Windows 10 / 8 / 7 / Vista / XP (32-bit or 64-bit)
- 2GB hard drive space