According to a legend, the isle of Mykonos arose as Hercules encountered and defeated twelve giants which he then threw into the sea where they turned into stone. Mykonos is today one of the most popular Mediterranean islands, famous for its cosmopolitan character and culture. The scenery features the international Airport of Mykonos, which offers a spectacular approach over steeply rising terrain, bays and white beaches.
Mykonos’ architecture is landmarked and unique with its look of white facades, blue windows and doors. There are also countless chapels scattered across the island, some are even located around the airport and one in particular is located inside the airport perimeter.
There are a couple of private helipads perfectly suited for some rather adventurous flights around the island. A custom made yacht with a built-in helipad is available as well for interacting.
All important landmarks are realistically and accurately created. The town is a highly detailed scene with over one thousand hand-placed buildings and hundreds of trees to provide the characteristic look of Mykonos.
The entire island is covered with high resolution satellite imagery (0.5m/px) and custom autogen.
Regardless of being an airliner, a helicopter or a private pilot, this scenery covers all aspects of flight simulation in a very detailed manner and holds many things to discover.
Board the cockpit of a private jet or a helicopter after landing with an airliner and explore this magnificent scenery which was built to be a complete and high detailed image of the reality.
- Highly detailed rendition of Mykonos International Airport (LGMK)
- Complete coverage of over 140km² with high resolution satellite imagery (0.5m/px)
- Realistic shadow rendition on all 3D objects and ground by „texture baking“
- High resolution day and night textures
- Realistic rendition of light sources on all 3D objects and ground by „baked lighting“
- Complex terrain mesh
- Custom autogen and all important landmarks
- Complete coverage of the neighbouring islands Delos and Rinia
- Animated car traffic around the airport
- Complete reconstruction of airport’s lighting equipment
- Realistic 3D grass and vegetation
- Complex reconstruction of the town with over 2,000 hand placed objects
- Four highly detailed helipads
- Animated ship traffic around the island including a custom, landable yacht
- Animated windsocks
- Configuration manager for optimal performance
- Highly detailed manual including charts (PDF)
- Compatible with AI traffic Add-Ons
- Compatible with Ground Environment X and Ultimate Terrain X
- Excellent performance with high framerates
- Includes FSX and Prepar3D version
More screenshots are available in this preview written by Flusinews.de.
Awards / Reviews:
Conclusion by simFlight.com:
"This is a scenery package for everyone. It has great visuals and is customizable to match your system’s capabilities. The developers have clearly put a great deal of effort into making Mykonos X a realistic and interesting addon that you will want to come back to again and again."
Conclusion by Avsim.com (Review Gibraltar X & Mykonos X):
"In conclusion, these two sceneries are well worth the investment. The download version Gibraltar X comes at a price of $20.27 USD while Mykonos X comes at a slightly higher cost of $21.34 USD. The quality of these sceneries is very high and it not only entails the airports themselves but also the surround areas. In some cases the entire region was completed revamped. One of my favorite features of the Gibraltar scenery was the ambient sounds of birds and sea breeze while on the ramp. Gibraltar X may not offer you the exact weather conditions that pose as a challenge to real world pilots, but it surely adds beauty and realism to this region. Mykonos X features a tropical like atmosphere which is second only to the Caribbean islands. The beauty of this region was perfectly captured and if you are looking for a holiday destination to add to your simulator then this is definitely one you should consider. All in all these two sceneries rate 10/10 in my book."
Microsoft Flight Simulator X (SP2, Acceleration Pack or Gold Edition) / Prepar3D
Operating System: Windows XP/Vista/7 (updated)
CPU: 3.0 GHz Processor (Duo / Quad core processor recommended)
2 GB RAM (4 GB recommended)
3D graphics card with at least 512 MB
.net Framework 3.5 or better
Download-Size: 1 GB
Installations-Size: 1.3 GB